Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Scripture Printable 4

This week's scripture printable isn't really a verse from scripture but rather, a list of family rules I've complied for our family according to scripture.

Sugarplum Cuties: Family Rules

I think it's important that you sit down and decide on a life verse for your family.  A life verse is a verse of scripture from the Bible that will kind of set the tone for the way you want your family to run,  the way you want to live your lives as a family unit, and the way you want to bring glory to God through  your family.  I also think it's important to have a set of family rules and have it posted in place that everyone can see it daily.  It's great to refer to, and it's an awesome reminder when we get in a rut and start acting selfish or angry toward one another.

I made two versions.  The one above is the one that's specific to our family.  I used a couple of things I say on a daily basis like, "speak gently," which comes from Proverbs 15:1.  I honestly say it more for me than for my kids.  I pray that even in anger I am still able to speak gently and set an example for my children that anger does not equate to yelling or raising our voices which is so often a horrible habit that I have to break.  One way I try to combat this yucky trait in myself is the angrier I get, the softer I try to make my voice, and sometimes I even pull my children aside and speak to them in a whisper for fear that I might blow the roof top off the house using the volume that my flesh so badly wants to use.  I fail at it, sometimes daily, but I'm a work in progress, praise the Lord He isn't done with me yet.


This second version here is the one you can print out for yourselves if you want to.  Frame it, hang it up and put it in a place where everyone can see it.  It would even be awesome to sit down as a family and talk about what each of these things mean to you and how we could all better incorporate each rule into our daily lives.  Click on the picture and save it to your desktop to print out or click this link here for a higher quality version to print and use.

I hope our list blesses you!

Disclaimer & Terms of Use: This printable art was designed for personal use. Please do not share or redistribute this artwork or use for commercial purposes in any way without express written consent from me, Kirsten DeWitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...