Saturday, January 30, 2016

Pattern Review: Terra's Treasures Girls Lisse Hoodie

Sugarplum Cuties: Girls Lisse Hoodie

This past week has been a busy one in  my sewing studio.  Among other stuff, I got to test the newest Terra's Treasures pattern, the Lisse Hoodie for girls.  Terra also has a Lisse for women as well you can find it here.  (Hello mommy & me outfits).  Rylea is tiny so I did a size 4 for her and lengthened it to a size 6.  This pattern was super easy to adjust to fit her teeny tiny measurements. :)

Sugarplum Cuties: Girls Lisse Hoodie

The pattern calls for thicker stretch fabrics with 35% stretch so I used a mint colored french terry I found at JoAnn Fabrics last week.  (Side note: make sure you prewash, mine shrunk a good bit when I did).  The fabric choice was perfect for us for the winter and it makes for a super cozy shirt.

Sugarplum Cuties: Girls Lisse Hoodie


I'm always looking for more unique shapes and styles of clothing in the patterns I buy.  I don't need 4 different hoodie patterns that are slightly different from each other.  I want a pattern that has a completely unique shape, and the Lisse is exactly that for me.  The petal shaped opening at the hem is such a sweet and girly detail, especially with those two pleats in the front.  It also really allows for optimum range of movement (which is super important with young kids).

Sugarplum Cuties: Girls Lisse Hoodie

We chose to sew up the hoodie option but there is also a cowl option and you can add a drawstring in either as well or skip it like we did.  I love the crossover hood!

Sugarplum Cuties: Girls Lisse Hoodie

And, since the bodice is such an awesome blank canvas, it gave me some great space to design a monogram and press it on there.  You can find more of my graphic designs in my Etsy shop if you want to take a gander.


Rylea loves her new hoodie and I love it too!  I'd highly recommend hopping over to the website and grabbing this pattern while it's on sale for the release.  You can find the pattern here where it's on sale for just $7 through Feb 1.  The Lisse for Women is also on sale too, so you can grab them both!  Here are the details:
  • Sizes 6months - 16y
  • Hood and Cowl options
  • Drawstring option using eyelets or buttonholes
  • Regular Cuffs or Thumbhole Cuffs
  • Finished Measurements Chart
  • Instructions for lining the hood/cowl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...